This is a reminder that the International Conference on
Groups, Rings, Group Rings and Hopf Algebras,
celebrating the 75th birthday of Professor Donald S. Passman
will take place at Loyola University in Chicago,
on October 2-4 (Friday-Sunday), 2015.
International Conference on
Groups, Rings, Group Rings and Hopf Algebras
The conference will work as a three-day extended special session
of the AMS Meeting at Loyola, October 3-4, 2015.
The talks for Friday, October 2, will be in rooms IES 123-124
of the same building complex as the Math Department at Loyola.
The rooms for Saturday and Sunday will be assigned as a part of the
regular AMS meeting.
There are several deadlines that we would like to bring to your attention:
July 24: Deadline for graduate students to apply for travel
support. Details concerning
eligibility and the application process can be found at
August 3: Online advance registration for the meeting begins. Due
to the large size of the
meeting, participants are encouraged to register in advance.
Information will be posted at
Note that online registration shuts down about 7-10 days prior to the
meeting, so registration
materials can be shipped to the meeting site.
August 11: Deadline for all abstract submissions for talks.
To appear in the program, an abstract must be submitted by August 11 at
No abstract can be uploaded into the system after that date.
Information about hotels, restaurants, and directions to Loyola are posted
on the AMS website at
Participants are encouraged to book their hotel room early due to a
Northwestern Univ. football
game on October 3. Marj and Don Passman are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn,
arriving on October 1, 2015 and leaving on October 5.
Have a great summer. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Jeff Bergen, Stefan Catoiu, and William Chin
List of potential participants so far:
- Yuri Bahturin, Memorial Univ. of Newfoundland, Canada
- Jason Bell, Waterloo, Canada
- Esther Beneish, UW-Parkside
- Georgia Benkart, UW-Madison
- Allan Berele, DePaul
- Jeffrey Bergen, DePaul
- Stefaan Caenepeel, Brussels, Belgium
- Victor Camillo, U Iowa
- Andrew Carroll, DePaul
- Stefan Catoiu, DePaul
- Xueqing Chen, UW-Whitewater
- William Chin, DePaul
- Angel del Rio, Murcia, Spain
- Steve Doty, Loyola
- Antonio Giambruno, Palermo, Italy
- Anthony Giaquinto, Loyola
- George Glauberman, U Chicago
- Jairo Zacarias Goncalves, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Robert Guralnick, USC
- Al Hales, CCR LaJolla
- Surender Jain, Ohio U
- Eric Jespers, Brussels, Belgium
- Yevgenia Kashina, DePaul
- Apoorva Khare, Stanford
- Vladislav Kharchenko, UNAM, Mexico
- Ellen Kirkman, Wake Forest
- Leonid Krop, DePaul
- Alexander Lichtman, UW-Parkside
- Chia-Hsin Liu, Taiwan Normal U
- Martin Lorenz, Temple
- Susan Montgomery, USC
- Ian Musson, UW-Milwaukee
- Richard Ng, LSU
- James Osterburg, U Cincinnati
- Donald S. Passman, UW-Madison
- Cesar Polcino-Milies, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Declan Quinn, Syracuse
- David Radford, UIC
- David Riley, Western Ontario, Canada
- Lance W. Small, UC San Diego
- Agata Smoktunowicz, U Edinburgh, UK
- Yorck Sommerhauser, SUNY Buffalo
- Ashish Srivastava, St. Louis U
- Earl Taft, Rutgers
- Peter Tingley, Loyola
- Sarah Witherspoon, Texas A&M